Pages

Sunday, November 21, 2010

On November 16th......

.....I recently wrote about the grotesque fact that there are 10 McDonald's for every tiger living in the wild.

Today, in a story on Yahoo news, it is reported that those tigers will be extinct....in 12 years.

What an achievement for human animals and "civilization". The panoply of our destruction of natural life will soon add the Tiger to its list.

Lesson(s) to be learned? Who knows....maybe....never trust an ape with a tool? (or does that do a disservice to the other apes?)

4 comments:

Christina said...

I think the achievement will be when we recognize we dont have a "god given" right to do anything we want. When we realize the planet is just for humans. But I wont hold my breath.

I doubt it is a disservice to the other apes. They often invade, murder and canabalize their own as well.

veganelder said...

Thanks Christina for commenting. Hopefully you meant "when we realize the planet is....not...just for humans."

I fear too that the time for learning is past...

If apes (including us) wreaked mayhem only on ourselves....that would be a major improvement.

Christina said...

I did indeed VE, I need to do a better job of proofreading. Its always been a bad habit.

I dont fear that the time for learning is past but only a select few will survive these errors we keep making and learn from them. As soon as the world begins to re-populate I suspect the errors will begin again. I believe the earth will eventually tire of us all and vomit us up like spoiled meat.

Bea Elliott said...

History will look back and see with clear eyes that this was genocide. A 95% loss in under a century... I don't know that we eradication "pests" with such a success rate. I am disgusted (again). :(